Who We Are
Outside Las Vegas (OLV) is the organizational gateway and community voice dedicated to encouraging residents and visitors to discover, explore and connect to Nevada’s vast and unique landscapes.
Founding to Present
The organization was formed in August 2000, as the Outside Las Vegas Foundation, by a group of passionate devotees of the land and leaders of the Las Vegas Valley community. This dynamic group brought together people with backgrounds in the environment, business, government and community outreach. These leaders saw the critical link between our spectacular character as a place and our world-class character as a people. They wanted to forge connections between the community and our stunning public lands.
Today, Outside Las Vegas has expanded to not only encompass public lands, but also urban parks and trails. As Outside Las Vegas has evolved as an organization, so has its commitment to connecting communities, youth, families and the area’s vast under-served populations to these places through its programs in education, volunteerism, outreach and collaboration. OLVF is dedicated to equity, diversity and inclusion in public lands and outdoor recreation.
What We Do
The evolution of the organization is driven at the core by its commitment to the community. Outside Las Vegas has remained dedicated to creating long-term relationships with community organizations, providing outreach and educational opportunities to its numerous constituency and the area's under-served populations. OLV has leveraged collaborative efforts with various community partners and sponsors, to provide transformative volunteer opportunities and impactful education programs. Outside Las Vegas continually strives to enhance its ability to take the lead on service events and programs that increase engagement with public lands, urban trails, parks and outdoor recreation.
Outside Las Vegas works across neighborhoods, state & local jurisdictions and federal agencies to:
- Increase the quantity and quality of outdoor amenities
- Introduce and educate new audiences
- Inspire a fascination and respect of the outside world
- Promote health and wellness through outdoor activities and unique experiences
Our goal is to provide an opportunity and the experience that sparks your lifelong fascination with the great outdoors.
Above all else, we aspire to enhance the community’s quality of life by connecting people to Nevada’s treasured landscape, urban trails and parks through:
- Education programs that use the outdoor classroom to foster experiential learning
- Leading small and large volunteer events that invite individuals and groups to care for their backyard and experience pride in their community
- Partnership programs that promote ongoing statewide support for Nevada’s outdoors
- Awareness programs and campaigns that engage residents, tourists and the business community
- Creating trails maps and serving as an informational clearinghouse providing residents and visitors with resources to the public lands, urban trails and parks.
- Creating unique group activities to involve corporate teams and civic organizations through our namesake community outreach events, Get Outdoors Nevada Day.