Meet YOUR Outdoors
Each day, Outside Las Vegas focuses on how to better engage youth and individuals through education, instill the value of stewardship and enhance community outreach efforts. We focus on creating events that unify the diversity of outdoor enthusiasts, public land users and individuals just discovering their Backyard. We do this through our experiential programs in education, volunteerism, outreach and collaboration that invigorate our communities, enrich families and introduce our youth to Nevada’s cherished landscapes, urban parks and trails. These programs promote:
Meet YOUR Backyard
- Meet YOUR Mojave
- Access to educational outdoor classrooms for those at-risk and underserved.
- Assistance in improving performance in school to improve educational outcomes.
- Funding for transportation to outdoor classrooms aka museums, habitats, planetariums, aquariums and public lands.
Share YOUR Backyard
- Certification for individuals interested in a career in tourism and outdoor recreation.
Improve YOUR Backyard
- Beautification events of public lands, urban trails and parks.
Revitalize YOUR Backyard
- Transformative projects impacting the community.
- Connecting the community to a diverse group of exhibitors, sponsors and attendees representing all walks of outdoor enthusiasts and public land users.
Explore Beyond the Lights – The Outdoor Hidden Gems
- Trail-walking group promoting health and well being through activities in nature.
Vegas Valley Rim Trail
- A project to encircle the Las Vegas valley with a loop trail of 100+ miles.
River Mountains Loop Trail
- Citizen work project to preserve and protect this historic 35-mile loop trail.
Lower Colorado River Water Trail Alliance
- Citizen work project to preserve and protect this waterway connecting residents and visitors for an opportunity to kayak, canoe, fish, cycle, hike, and experience hot springs.