Las Vegas Community Healing Garden
Celebrating life, beauty, love and compassion. Choosing love over fear, life over death, hope over despair. Helping each other heal.
The LV Community Healing Garden in downtown Las Vegas was built in three days by community members and local businesses following the October 1 tragedy at the Route 91 music festival. The garden features a Remembrance Wall, a grove of 58 trees lining a paved path, shrubs, and flowers, all encircling a beautiful oak tree - “the tree of life” donated by Siegfried and Roy. The 58 trees were planted to signify the 58 lives lost on that tragic evening. Painted rocks, flowers, pictures, and other mementos placed by community members offering their condolences, prayers, and remembrance of loved ones can be found at the trees and all around the garden.
- Serving as a place of calm to remember those touched by tragedy
- Providing a place of refuge for healing
- A living garden celebrating life, compassion, and fellowship that we find in community
Get Outdoors Nevada (GON) is the home for the LV Community Healing Garden Committee and serves as the designated nonprofit partner working with the City of Las Vegas to manage and care for this special community garden. With the partnership of the LV Community Healing Garden Committee and the City of Las Vegas, GON supports this special outdoor place where people can find healing and experience fellowship within their community. Get Outdoors Nevada:
- Manages and cares for the garden in conjunction with members of the LV Community Healing Garden Committee
- Assists with fundraising and healing events
- Stewarding the development of the garden and adjacent areas
For donations in support of the LV Healing Garden, please visit www.getoutdoorsnevada.org/support
LV Healing Garden is located at 1015 S Casino Center Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89101