Get Outdoors Nevada Day
At Outside Las Vegas, we are passionate about participating in outdoor activities as individuals and as a community. Get Outdoors Nevada Day celebrates the incredible outdoor opportunities that we have in Nevada.
This free, family-friendly event introduces the community to our backyard, from regional parks and trails to places further afield. Get Outdoors Nevada Day brings in outdoor retailers, companies, non-profit organizations and government agencies who focus on connecting people to outdoor experiences. The event combines fun with themes of stewardship for these incredible places.
Get Outdoors Nevada Day is designed to:
- Help more people to discover and experience new recreational activities, different parks, learn about various organizations and businesses by increasing access for all.
- Create an appreciation for what the outdoors brings to the quality of life for the community through discovering, exploring and connecting to unique landscapes, parks and urban trails.
- Inspire a love of outdoor places for a new generation.
This community event offers a chance for people of all ages to get outside and celebrate all that we love about Nevada’s Great outdoor places. From park and picnic fun with activities like rock climbing and fishing, to meeting outfitters and organizations featuring the latest in recreation opportunities.
The event is a free and fun day out for the entire family.
Outside Las Vegas took on the celebration in 2014. OLV partners with all of the jurisdictions and many agencies around the Southern Nevada region. Because Nevada has so much to offer, the idea was born to highlight, introduce and bring the community to a great outdoor place in a different city each year.
- 2014 North Las Vegas’ Craig Ranch Regional Park
- 2015 it was held in Clark County’s Sunset Park
- 2016 it was held in the City of Las Vegas’ Lorenzi Park
- 2017 we look to the lovely City of Henderson at Cornerstone Park.
The next park location will be announced at Get Outdoors Nevada Day on Saturday, October 7th, 2017.
Outside Las Vegas has been successful in connecting the community to a diverse group of exhibitors, sponsors and attendees representing all walks of outdoor enthusiasts and public land users.
In 2016, with over 3,500 attendees, 70 exhibitors and 21 major sponsors, OLV continues to grow and expand this event, dedicated to connecting the community to all the rich outdoor resources Nevada has to offer.
- 96% of participants reported that “Get Outdoors Nevada day made me more likely to participate in outdoor recreation activities in the future.”
- 88% of participants reported that “Get Outdoors Nevada Day made me more likely to volunteer with an organization in Southern Nevada.”
- 98% of participants reported that “Get Outdoors Nevada Day made me more likely to support the vendors I visited here.”